First set-up on Mac
Conductr server software set up for Mac:
- Go to conductr.net/downloads.
- Download the server software CONDUCTR OS X SERVER on your computer.
- Double-click on “ConductrServer.dmg”.
- Double-click on â€śInstall Conductr Serverâ€ť.
- The installation assistant will guide you step by step*.
- During the server installation process, a Conductr folder will be installed in your â€śDocumentsâ€ť folder. You can download different TSI folders according to the Traktor version(s) you may own.
*NOTE: During the installation process, the assistant will ask you if you want to automatically launch the Conductr Server each time you boot up your computer. If you do not want it to, remember that you will have to launch it manually every time you want to use Conductr.
Conductr set up on Traktor for Mac:
- Launch your Traktor software and open up the preferences panel (on the menu bar: “Traktor” > “Preferences”).
- Select the “Import” tab on the bottom and select â€śDocumentsâ€ť.
- Select the Conductr folder and clikc on â€śConductr settingsâ€ť.
- In the preferences panel, go to:
â€śController Manager > Device Setup > In-portâ€ť and select > Conductr Traktor
â€śController Manager > Device Setup > Out-portâ€ť and select > Conductr Traktor â€¦ and close.
Connecting your iPad to your Mac:
In order to use Conductr, you may choose between a USB connection or a wireless connection.
Connecting your iPad to your Mac via wireless:
You must connect your iPad and your computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
Conductr works with a regular Wi-Fi network, even with an Internet cable connection.*
For a more stable connection, we recommend you create an AdHoc connection (see below) between your computer and your iPad. In order to do that, you must create a network with your computer and then connect the iPad to it.
*NOTE: If you are using a domestic Wi-Fi network, you will probably have to disconnect the preset firewall provided by most telecom companies.
How to set up an AdHoc network for Mac:
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon (upper right on your OS menu bar). A menu will drop down. Select â€śCreate networkâ€ť.
- Name your network, choose a channel and add a password (optional).
- Select your new network on your iPad (“Settings” > “Wi-Fi”).
- Once Ableton Live or Traktor are running with Conductr as the selected controller and the server is enabled, you can run Conductr on your iPad.*
*NOTE: You will probably have to disconnect the preset firewall provided by most telecom companies.
The USB connection for MAC OS X (10.7 or higher).
- Connnect your iPad to your computer with the iPad cable BEFORE selecting the server.*
- If you want to make sure that the USB connections is running, click on the server icon in your computer and select your iPad name.
- Open Traktor and connect to the Server through the Conductr app in the iPad.
* If you connect the cable after selecting the server, you have to refresh the servers list and select it again.
NOTE: If you disconnect the USB while running the app, it may not detect the wifi connection when returning to the Set Up screen. If this happens, shut down Conductr and relaunch it.